CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Alisha Update

I spoke with my Grammy last Wednesday to see how Alisha was doing, and the report did my heart good. So I thought I should share!

As I said before, Alisha hasn't been able to keep down food at all, and has been receiving nutrition via I.V.. She told me that a little bit ago, Alisha was having a particularly harsh day. She had been so sick. That day, Grammy came into the room where Alisha was resting to check up on her. She was watching an inspirational speaker on TV, and at the sight of my Grammy she burst into tears. She told her, "Grammy, I KNOW there is a blockage in my stomach. I know it, I can feel it; and I also know the doctors are going to find it, and the surgeons are going to FIX it!" (I'm paraphrasing)

Sure enough, they checked her out, and there was a blockage. They scheduled a surgery for last wednesday to by-pass the blockage via a stint. Before the surgery, Grammy approached Alisha and said, "Now, you told me with a strong conviction that there was a blockage, and you were right. I need something to hold onto here; are you as confident that they will be able to perform this surgery successfully?" (Because apparently it is not just a straightforward procedure; plenty of things can go wrong) and again Alisha told her with full confidence, "Yes!"

Turns out she was 100% right, again. The surgery went even better than they could have hoped, and the stint is in place. I still have yet to hear about whether or not she has been able to eat, but I have (as I hope you do) very high hopes!

It was so good to hear, because being so far away, I tend to get over-creative. I imagine Alisha sleeping so much of the time, and barely conscious when she's awake because of the prescriptions she is on, the toll this is all taking on her body. But that's secondary to how good it was to hear that she is in this fight full-force.

One thing I can say confidently about my cousin is that in difficult sutiations, she never spends time feeling sorry for herself. Instead, she looks ahead to what needs to be done, and she focuses on that. Maybe it's a trait God gave her specifically for a time like this, who knows??

Please continue to keep her in your prayers! Anyone who needs an address for gifts, cards, etc, let me know!

Much Love!
Lace

1 commentos:

Lace said...

Test Comment....work for me Baby!